- the well recognized My Meloncholy Baby. (Music by Ernie Burnett / Lyrics by George A. Norton, Maybelle E. Watson, 1912) Bing Crosby, Gogi Grant, Judy Garland, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra and Mina are a few artists that have done the song.
- Moment to Moment by Henry Mancini, words by Johnny Mercer, written for the movie Charade starring Gary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
- A jazz version of Surrey with Fringe on Top a song written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II for the musical Oklahoma !
- Autumn in New York even though it’s autumn in the Rogue Valley is a jazz standard composed by Vernon Duke in 1934. Several versions of the song have been recorded over the years by numerous musicians and singers. These include Charlie Parker, Sarah Vaughan, Frank Sinatra and Jo Stafford. A duet of the song was also recorded by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Summertime this melody by George & Ira Gershwin, Heyward DuBose from "Porgy and Bess".
- I Hear a Rhapsody words & music by George Fragos, Jack Baker & Dick Gasparre. First recorded by Jimmy Dorsey, 1941
- I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face words and music by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe from the Broadway musical "My Fair Lady". A variety of artists have done the song over the years including Rosemary Clooney, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole and Don Cherry. But this arrangement by Cavalier is a romantic and sensitive rendition to snuggle with your partner by.
Larry Cavalier, piano, vibes and vocals. Larry is well known throughout the region for his mastery of the piano and vibes. He is an educator as well, having many students that keep him busy most of the week. Several years ago, he was with the famed and prolific Martin Denny Orchestra in Hawaii . He has done work with most of the better known bands in the region, doing both piano and vocal work. For the past 2 ½ years, he’s been a member of the Oregon Little Big Band (OLBB). For the past 20+ years, he has been choral accompanist/pianist/organist at the First Christian Church in Grants Pass. Recent musical involvements in a 3 year stint as accompanist for the Phoenix High School choirs under the direction of Ms. Dureen Putney; his trio backed Carol Channing at the Ginger Rogers/Craterian Theater. He is a member of the Latin Jazz Quartet which plays every Sunday afternoon at the Standing Stone Brewery in Ashland , Oregon .
J.C. Cook was hooked by directing a high school musical. A Wisconsin transplant, her vocal and instrumental history is varied and lengthy, including USO entertainer, college musicals, big band singer, symphonic cellist, church organist and choral director. Ashland brought Kirby Shaw’s Jefferson State Choral Coalition at SOU and roles in Marketta & Kirby Shaw’s musical, Scroogical, at Oregon Stage Works.
The Avalon is where listeners enter a relaxing club-like environment with ambient light and an excellent varied menu. They can chill and chat while listening to Cavalier and Cook.