Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science cordially invite each and every one to attend the 12th Annual Jazz at Drew festivities, Saturday October 5 and Sunday October 6, 2002 on the beautiful campus of the Charles R. Drew University Medicine and Science located at 1731 East 120th Street Los Angeles CA. Jazz at Drew was established in 1991, the two-day event provides wonderful entertainment for the community and serves as a great fund raiser for Charles R. Drew University. Saturday October 5, 2002 "Legacy Music Series" will play host to a diverse line-up of music with jazz, R&B, reggae, and funk. The artist performing will be:
· Multi-School Jazz Band
· Drew University All-Star: Featuring Dr. Richard Allen
· Chuck Strong
· Afro Cuban Project
· Eloise Laws, Deborah Laws, Jean Carne, Marjorie Hughes with Norman Connors & his Starship Orchestra
· The Brothers Johnson
· Andrew Tosh Band Peter Tosh Band
· Bobby Womack Sunday October 6, 2002 "Jazz Legends" a day of timeless jazz with very notable jazz artists such as:
· Michael Session Sextet
· Cedar Walton Sextet -"Art Blakey Reunion"
· Charles McPherson Quarter, "Tribute to Charlie Parker" w/String Ensemble
· Oscar Brashear Ensemble
· The Gerald Wilson Orchestra
· Karen Briggs
· Kinfolk Gospel
· World Stage Children Come enjoy Jazz at Drew and have a wonderful time with good music and great food for a noteworthy cause, all proceeds from "Jazz at Drew" will benefit, the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. Ticket prices: General Admission $30.00 in advance, $35.00 at the gate, or reserved tables for 4: Platinum Circle $500.00, Gold Circle $350.00, and Silver Circle $250.00.
For more information: 323.563.9390, or visit Drews’ website.