For Immediate Release
December 11th 2006
MICHAEL WHITE QUINTET AMONG WINNERS OF THE 6TH ANNUAL INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARDS
INDIE ARTISTS FROM FIVE CONTINENTS TO BE PROMOTED TO MORE THAN 10 MILLION PEOPLE & APPEAR IN 2007 EDITION OF THE MUSICIA'S ATLAS
The Band Michael White Quintet is among a diverse group of independent musicians named as winners of the 6th Annual Independent Music Awards. A Song "Mechanical Man" from CD "Voices" is awarded winner in the Song-Jazz Category.
Michael White is a truly original and groundbreaking violinist in the realm of jazz. In the 1960s, he introduced the violin into free jazz scenes in Bay Area and New York, playing with luminaries such as Sun Ra, John Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders. In addition to the newly released album "Voices" Michael White Quintet, his impulse albums have recently been reissued and compiled among the world's renowned DJs. Highly acclaimed as a Spiritual Jazz Master, his music is resonating through generations globally.
All IMA winners were selected by a panel of celebrity and industry judges and will receive year-long marketing support to enhance the campaigns for their current projects and careers. The winners encompass both established and emerging talent including Speech, the GRAMMYÃƒï¿½Ã‚Â® Award-winning artist of Arrested Development fame; God Forbid, the heavy metal band fresh from Ozzfest; and The Vacancies, the new addition to Joan Jett's Blackheart Records.
IMA winners will appear in the updated 2007 edition of The Musician's Atlas the independent musicians and entrepreneurs definitive guide to the music business, available on December 15, 2006. Developed and coordinated by Music Resource Group, publisher of The Musician's Atlas, the Independent Music Award program delivers a variety of premiums to Winners including:
- Year-long marketing campaigns, partnerships and distribution alliances, that will place the Winners in front of millions of music fans and industry decision makers around the world.
- Music promotion to college & public radio stations by The Planetary Group, a leading radio promotions company with access to 700 stations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- An arrangement with BordersStores.com that makes their CDs available for purchase. Additionally Borders Books & Music will spotlight IMA Winners in 12 consecutive Short List weekly newsletters that direct more than 9 Million of their opt-in subscribers to the IMA Winners Jukebox at the Independent Music Awards site.
- Winners in the album and song categories will have a song included on the 2007 IMA Winners CD compilation which will be distributed to 10,000 music fans and industry movers and shakers at music conferences and festivals such as SXSW, Ozzfest, The Warped Tour and other events throughout the year.
- The IMA Winners compilation will also be available for an exclusive free download on eMusic and the Winners and IMA program will be featured in 11 eMusic newsletters throughout 2007.
The IMA Winners were determined by a celebrity and industry judging panel that included: Peter Gabriel, Wynonna, Suzanne Vega, Ozzy Osbourne, Bill Frisell, Afrika Bambaataa, Paul Oakenfold, Buddy Guy, Bebel Gilberto and McCoy Tyner, among others.
Music industry pros that were not part of this year's judging panel and music fans can cast their vote at the IMA site. Winners of this "Vox Populi" poll will be announced January 17, 2007.
For a complete list of winners and categories go to:
) at Shore Fire Media, 718.522.7171
For more information about Michael White Quintet
Michael White Quintet Official Website: