The featured musicians include Ron Carter, Joe Locke, Horacee Arnold, Vic Juris, Will Calhoun, Buster Williams, Ray Mantilla, James "D-Train" Williams, T.K. Blue, Rene McLean, Erika Rose, Wayne Cobham, Kendra Shank, Frank Kimbrough, Queen Esther Marrow, Andrienne Wilson, Cuba Gooding, Sr. & the Main Ingredient (George Staley, Sr., Larry D. Moore), Ada Dyer,Dick Griffin, Steve Kroon, Chembo Corniel, B.D. Lenz, Elliott & Brad Mason, and Norman Hedman's Tropique (Willie Martinez, Misha & Alexei Tsiganov, Roger Byam, Craig Rivers, Mario Rodriguez, Cristian Rivera).
In January Hedman was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) while rehearsing with Alicia Keys for her upcoming world tour. The event proceeds will defray his significant medical expenses.
"Norman is one of the greatest musicians of all time. Not only is he supremely talented and educated but he is one of the kindest people I know by far! His passion and love for music, art and teaching inspire me endlessly. We're all lucky to know such a great man!" - Alicia Keys, 11 time Grammy Award ® winner
"Norman Hedman is one of the most genuine, caring, selfless persons I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, a true gentleman." - Ty Law, NFL Cornerback #24
• What: Rhythm Relief: A Benefit Concert for Norman Hedman Produced by 8 Bar Artist Management & Berman Music Foundation
• When: Monday, April 14, 2008, 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm
• Where: Jazz Standard, 116 E. 27th Street, New York, NY 10016
• Tickets / Cost: Tickets available exclusively at TicketWeb.com for $40 + tax (no service fee)
• Auction Items From: Alicia Keys, Ty Law, NFL cornerback #24, Dick Griffin art and more.
• How: If you are unable to attend the concert, but wish to make a contribution in Norman Hedman's name, please make gift checks payable to Norman Hedman and send to 8 Bar Artist Management, P.O. Box 536, St. Peters, MO 63376
• INFO: Call (212) 576-2232 or visit JazzStandard.net