BRONX/CITY ISLAND, NY, January 2, 2006 The legendary Tito Puente’s Restaurant is proud and excited to introduce a totally new musical and culinary format for 2006 and beyond. The legend that is Tito Puente’s - a theme restaurant that has persevered while many others are only memories - was and is like no other in the theme food industry! Celebrating our 10th Anniversary in 2006, Tito Puente’s Restaurant is responding to our regular customer base who are coming back more often and inspiring us with new ideas and demands. Live music, live shows, and theme based limited menus. It's like a 'new normal' for us, yet very inspiring. We have always prided ourselves in giving the customer what they want and now for 2006 we are taking that attitude to a totally new level! We MUST mention that TP’s now offers a traditional Japanese Sushi Bar! - -with a view--Yeah! A big Shout-out to Samuel Chernin, my friend, partner and "The Boss", who has built TP's up to be THE most fabulous Latin Jazz venue in NYC!!!
• Our new musical format kicks off with... Blues Thursdays. Blues Thursday will debut on January 19th, 2006 with New York’s Queen of Blues, Roxy Perry. http://www.roxyperry.com A must see performance by the "Queen of New York Blues" is what is waiting for you this historic evening at Tito Puente’s Restaurant. Her latest CD titled; Back In Bluesville is a soul rockin’ musical experience that explores modern and traditional Blues blended into Roxy’s very own smooth style. Produced, arranged and engineered by Dave Garfield, this performance will introduce you to a totally new form of appreciating the BLUES!! There will be a minimal cover charge of $10.00. Regular dinner menu and special Spicy Blues Menu are available as well. Showtimes: 8:00pm sharp.
• We continue this new format with Latin Jazz & Jazz Fridays. Our traditional Friday musical format from 8:00pm to 10:00pm has never had a cover charge and *never will! The new format adds a Live Latin Jazz or traditional Jazz Supper Club Fridays from 10:00pm until 1:00am with a cover charge and a 2 drink minimum. *On Scheduled Special Events we will introduce our... Friday’s "Descarga"Supper Club. These special events will have a cover charge and a two drink minimum as well from 10:00pm until 1:00am with a limited Theme Menu. Descarga means "Let Loose / Join In! If your a musician and would like to join the jam session, "No problem" bring your instrument.. para la descarga!
• The hottest night of the week continues with... Rumba Saturdays Supper Club Dinner and Show with a cover charge ($40.00) two drink minimum from 10:00pm to 1:30 am. Seating is based on reservations and first come basis. Our very first show will debut January 28th, 2006 with the latest in Cuban Rumba... "Oriki Omi Oddara" This band offers a complete Rumba and Cuban folkloric musical show with chants, dances and a religious themes. Very animated, very colorful. To complete the Cuban Rumba experience a limited Cuban Cuisine Menu will be served.
• Showtime: 10:00pm sharp / two sets. Cover Charge: $40.00 per person.
• February’s New Musical Format Kicks-off with... Momentos Romanticos "Romantic Moments" Valentines Day Special Weekend Shows Friday February 10th and Saturday February 11th will showcase José Manuel (Meme) Solis. Talented pianist José Manuel Solis, also known as Meme Solis, began studying music at a very young age in Santa Clara, Cuba, making his debut while playing for popular singer Olga Guillot. Later, he teamed up with Fernando Albuerne, recording his first record along with Elena Burke. He presently tours with Afromantra and several Latin Jazz / Afro Cuban Bands. There will be a minimal cover charge of $20.00. Regular dinner menu and special Lovers Menu are available as well. Showtimes: 9:00pm sharp.